Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What A Difference A Day Makes

As I was sitting at my desk at LOB this afternoon, my phone rang.  I was surprised to hear HR rep on the other end.  I had emailed him on Friday, basically giving him a good sized chunk of my mind.  Since I didn't receive any word from him, I sort of figured that my words had fallen on deaf ears.

So when I answered the phone and HR identified himself, I was nervous. Imagine my complete and total surprise when HR told me that LOB wanted to make my situation right and move our family back to the PPO plan we had been on!  It will involve some pretty detailed stuff which I won't discuss here, but long story short, we will be able to afford our health care again!

This bit of good news couldn't come at a better time.  I thought the Husband was recovering from his fall fairly well, but yesterday, I was proven wrong. 

We were going over to my FIL's house, Grump Manor, to see our niece.  The Husband said he was fine to drive, and away we went!  Straight past the street we needed to turn on.  I wasn't too concerned at first, I thought maybe the Husband wanted to gas up the van or grab a pack of smokes.  He kept on driving, though, so I asked, 'hey, where are we going?'  He said he was getting ready to ask me the same thing.  He had forgotten how to get to Grump Manor.

I finally got us turned around and hoped that maybe once we got there and got inside the house, Husband would be fine. Only he wasn't.  He didn't recognize the house at all.  Didn't recognize his father or grandfather and saddest of all, didn't recognize our niece.  The Husband knows me and he knows Chickenhead, and knows stuff like our birthdates, and our address.  But he doesn't remember his mom (I could be snarky and say no great loss but I'll  hold back), he doesn't remember his brother, and can name only one of our nephews. 

I think when he fell, the Husband must have hit his head much harder than what we thought.  I'm pretty pissed off that the hospital didn't find anything on the CT scan, but maybe there wasn't anything to see.  I'm going to get him in with a neurologist as soon as I can so that they can treat whatever brain swelling he has.  What scares me the most is the thought that this may not be temporary.  This could be permanent and I don't want this for my husband. 

So if you have any extra mojo, good juju, happy thoughts, sunbeams or even prayers, I'll take 'em.  Because right now, we need everything we can get!


5 comments:

MommaSue said...

Everything good I've got in me, I'm sending your way.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Saw your post over at Derfwad Manor. If things don't get better, check out this place here. My friend's daughter was suffering from post-concussive syndrome in a bad way, and the treatment used here helped her. Of course, I don't know what area of the country you are in; but the folks at this place might be able to refer you to somewhere nearby. Email me if you have any questions!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelley said...

SC, I was just talking with a friend of ours, who's wife is using bio-feedback to treat her TBI. It seems to be helping her a lot.

Thank you, Sue! I'm so, so lucky to have people in my life who give me so much love and support!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.