Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When The Chips Are Down

In a time of crisis, you really do learn who you can count on.  I've got close friends and family members that I can turn to, but the Husband's family?  Not so much.

Last week, I asked my FIL if he could contact the Husband's brother, Dbag, to see if Dbag would call and talk with the Husband.  Dbag is one of the people that the Husband doesn't remember, but he was hoping that if he and Dbag could talk, that maybe it would help trigger some memories.  As the Husband says, "I don't really know what I remember and what I don't".  Dbag, however, told FIL that right now, he can't say yes, and he can't say no to talking to his brother.  Dbag still has some misplaced anger towards the Husband, in regards to a situation with my crazy MIL, that the Husband really had no part of.  Also, Dbag is essentially an asshat, and thinks only of himself.

Yesterday, the Husband and I went to see his primary care doctor.  The doctor said that yes, the Husband has had a concussion, but we're not sure of the severity.  We go for an MRI today to see if there was a brain-bleed or if there's still any swelling of the brain.  Soon, the Husband will begin outpatient therapy to retrain his brain, to regain his balance and stability. 

As far as the memory loss, we don't know if the Husband will ever recover.  Some people do get their memory back, others don't.  I have a lot of anger towards my in-laws right now, especially my BIL Dbag, and my MIL.  They have caused the Husband a lot of  stress and heartache and pain in the past, and I can't help but feel that if he never remembers them, maybe it's not all so bad.  I have to say that as far as my FIL goes, he has his good moments.  He's told us that he can take the Husband to the doctor if I have to work, can watch Chickenhead whenever we need him to.  FIL can be a selfish, clueless moron at times, but considering the rest of the Husband's family, he's not all bad.

Here's hoping that things go well today with the MRI.  I'm hoping that I have a chance to get some crafting done today and again this weekend, and I'm hoping I can post a couple of tutorials here soon!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Thinking of you all as you deal with this! Can't wait to see what ya got cookin' in the craft room! :)

MommaSue said...

Love ya, kiddo. Thinking only good thoughts for your little family.

Cha Cha said...

I've been thinking about you and hope things are looking up.

At least Dbag was appropriately named, right? I mean, in my fantasy, this the name listed on his birth certificate and driver's license. I'm right, right?